Mr. Zulfiquar Memon
Zulfiquar Memon has extensive specialist experience in the fields of white collar crime defence, alternative dispute resolution, criminal compliance, fraud and transactional support.
Zulfiquar began his career in 1997 by assisting his father, noted criminal lawyer Mr. Majeed Memon and had the opportunity of assisting him in conducting the defence during the extradition proceedings for Mr. Nadeem Saifee in London. Over the years he has assisted and advised noted International Lawyers in cross border matters involving - England, United States, UAE and South Africa for matters related to International Extradition, Financial Disputes, Company Matters, Commercial Arbitration, Money Laundering to name a few.
Zulfiquar handles various sensitive disputes and settlements on behalf of high-net-worth families and individuals on a regular basis and is lauded for the confidence the parties to the disputes vest in him. Zulfiquar currently personally handles dispute resolution in complex commercial transactions for a diverse clientele, including banks and foreign companies.
Zulfiquar, is a Director of the international white collar crime law firm association- the Roxin Alliance which is headquartered in Munich, Germany and has a presence in over 30 countries. Zulfiquar plays a key role in all activities of the Alliance including their working group commitments for anti corruption and governance to the World Bank GFLJD.
Honours and awards:
- Selected by the US Consulate as the only delegate to represent India in 2007, for the prestigious International Visitors Leadership programme (IVLP). This programme was entirely sponsored by the United States Government and focussed on the US judicial system.
- Listed by Chambers & Partners as 'Leading Lawyer for White Collar Crime in India' in 2015 and 2016S.
- Listed by Who's Who Legal as a leading practitioner for 'Business Crime Defence' in India in the year 2011, 2014 and 2015.
- Listed by Chambers & Partners as a 'Leading Lawyer for Dispute Resolution' in India in 2013 and 2014.
- Listed by Global Law Experts as a 'Dispute Resolution Expert' in India in 2013.
- Recommended by the Indian Lawyer 250 for 'Business Crime Defence' in India – 2012, 2013 and 2014 editions.
- Member – International Bar Association
- Member – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member – Young International Group of Arbitrators (LCIA)
- Member – Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- Member - National bar Association of India, New Delhi.
- Member – International Association of Penal Law.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - Government Law College, Mumbai
- Post Graduate Diploma, International Commercial Arbitration, NALSAR, Hyderabad
- Intensive Negotiation Programme for Lawyers and Executives – Harvard Law School
- Legal Practice Developments in India, published by Who's Who Legal
- India's Anti-Corruption Laws must take cues from its foreign counterparts, published by Legal Era
- The growing need for criminal compliance, published by Legal Era
- India Anti Corruption Review 2012, Business Crime Defence Journal, International Bar Association.
- Challenges to Arbitration in India, to be published by Financier Worldwide